PIN FOOD POETRY CONTEST (PFPC) 2017 – THE SHORTLIST
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) is delighted to announce the shortlist for the 4th edition of PIN Annual Food Poetry Contest which opened for submissions on 25th July, 2017. Entries numbering 228 were received and subsequently assessed based on thematic relevance, aptness of language and originality.
Please, find below the shortlisted poems and names of their authors in no particular order:
- FRIENDSHIP – Ifeanacho MaryAnn U.
- IKOKORE (WATERYAM PORRIDGE) – Oyin Oludipe
- A LITTLE – Onyeka Ajah
- IRINAJO (A JOURNEY) – Teslim Opemipo Omipidan
- GIVE ME YAM – Helen Gyigya
- SONG OF THE HUNGRY – Adekunle Titus Adeolu
- TWO SKIES STUCK IN MY FATHER’S THROAT – Jonathan Otamere Endurance
- HOW WE MOURNED GRANDMOTHER – Adedayo Adeyemi Agarau
- OFE OWERRI – Moses Opara
- OUR LIVES HAVE BECOME LIKE TEA AND COFFEE – Nome Emeka Patrick
The top three entrants will be announced on Sunday 10th December, 2017 and afterwards awarded their cash prizes totaling ₦50,000.
The PIN Annual Food Poetry Contest (initiated in 2013 as Eriata Oribhabor Food Poetry Contest) has produced four grand prize winners – Estrella Gada (2013), Mabel Okpaefi (2014) and Adedayo Adeyemi Agarau (2015).
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, PFPC 2017