Poets in Nigeria (PIN), a literary hub connecting poets in Nigeria and across the globe for greatness, is on the verge of establishing Connect Centres across Nigeria and beyond. This is born from dire need to expand the impact of poetry beyond borderlines, ensure uniform promotion of poetry and poets, engender diversified participation in literary activities and properly synergize the activities of PIN.
Accordingly, PIN hereby calls for indication of interest to serve as PIN representatives to man various Connect Centres to be addressed: PIN Connect Centres. Duties of a PIN Rep. are as follows:
- Coordination of PIN’s activities within assigned Connect Centre which include-
(a) Promotion of poetry based on PIN’s philosophy.
- Assembling poetic minds in poetry reading/fellowships as convenient.
- Participate in PIN’s Poetry summits.
- Documentation of activities of the Connect Centre.
- Must be a poet with evidence of either published or unpublished work (s).
- Have a good grasp of his/her environment.
- Have harmonious relationship with poets within and beyond area of residence.
- Have demonstrable strength of character for use of poetry for individual and societal uplift.
- An active user of the internet/Social Media.
- PIN Reps are encouraged and guided towards greatness to become guides to others.
- PIN Reps. would be profiled on PIN’s website (www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng) for literary limelight.
- Exposed to literary opportunities like poetry festivals, literary residencies/workshops.
- Display personal work (s) for free at any of PIN’s events.
- Entitled to PIN’s lapel.
Mode of Application
Application should be in this format;
Biography (Not exceeding 150 words)
Photograph (attached portrait)
Contact Details (Phone number and email address) forwarded to: [email protected] with the subject: ‘PIN REPRESENTATIVE’.
Deadline: Applications will be entertained between 1st – 30th August, 2016.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
For: Poets in Nigeria (PIN)