This is an annual Corporate Social Responsibility in support of the government and people of the famous city of Calabar.
Selected entries would be read at the Festival Poetry Calabar scheduled to hold between 26th and 28th December, 2016 in Calabar, Nigeria.
- Open to all entrants/residents of Calabar and environing towns.
- Entries should address the theme of clean environment and healthy living.
- Shortlisted poets would read their poems at the Festival Poetry event.
- Two poems per entrant.
- Effective use of imagery enhancing the resonance of the theme counts.
- Entries must be original intellectual property of the entrants.
- Submissions (pasted in the body of the mail) should be accompanied by brief biography and contact information comprising full name, email address and phone number.
- All submissions should be forwarded to [email protected] and tagged: ‘Clean & Green Poetry Prize 2016’.
- Six entries will be selected. Each poet awarded a cash prize of ₦5,000.
- The selected poems will be displayed at venues of the Festival Poetry Calabar 2016.
Submission Deadline: 15th December, 2016
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, Festival Poetry Competition