Heeding the Call for Submission for the first edition of the Festival Poetry Competition themed Clean and Green, poems numbering 21 were received from poets residing in Calabar and environing towns. Upon assessment, the following entries were selected for capturing the theme in the most poetic manner:
- CALABAR (A Canaan Land) | by Jonathan Otamere Endurance
- IF CLOUDS COULD SPEAK | by Opia-Enwemuche Maxwell Onyemaechi
- ACROBATIC GERMS | by Nureni Ibrahim
- TOMORROW | by Mazpa Ekejiuba-Ejikem
- WHAT I HAVE SEEN | by Mazpa Ekejiuba-Ejikem
- AKWA AKPA | by Chinua Ezenwa-Ohaeto
The winning entrants, who were announced during the just concluded Festival Poetry Calabar 2016, will be awarded a cash prize of ₦5000 each and given a copy of the PIN Quarterly Journal dubbed Special Issue.
Hearty congratulations to all.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
For: Poets in Nigeria (PIN)
2 Replies to “FESTIVAL POETRY COMPETITION (CALABAR 2016): WINNING ENTRIES”
I appreciate this platform. I pray for a global recognition in no time.
May the cloud travel the above names far beyond expectation.