All over the world, the question “What shall we eat?” has always bothered us. Concerns for food remain the primary need of man from time immemorial. In this edition of PIN Food Poetry Contest (PFPC), we are interested in hearing your thoughts about food, using the medium of poetry. Use your lines to address the issues of hunger, food production and availability. How do you ask the question “What Shall We Eat?” and how do you provide answers not just to the question as it is, but to the needs of the stomach?
Remember that poetry is the expression of feelings and thoughts. For the purpose of this contest, your ability to deploy poetic devices and beautiful language in the exploration of the theme is key.
- Open to all poets irrespective of location.
- Submissions must be in line with the theme.
- Entries should make adequate use of imagery appealing to the senses.
- Entries must be previously unpublished in any form.
- An entrant can submit only one poem, with limitless word count.
- Entries must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Entering for the contest gives PIN automatic right to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
- All submissions must be written in English. Include a glossary section for native terms.
- Submissions should be accompanied by biography, photograph and contact information (name, email address and phone number).
- All Submissions should be sent as body of the mail to email@example.com
The total cash prize for this edition of the contest is N30,000 to be shared as 15,000, N10,000 and N5,000 among the top three winners.
Entries will be received between 13th October – 13th November 2020.
For Further information, contact the moderator on +2348171294868
Ebubechukwu Bruno Nwagbo
Moderator, PFPC 2020