Putting food and poetry in the same context x-rays the cohesive bond existing between the body and the soul. Having ascertained the inestimable benefits of food and poetry to humanity’s sustenance, ‘Poets in Nigeria’ calls for submission of poems projecting the fusion of culinary and poetic brilliance on the screen of societal good.
Find below the guidelines:
Theme: These words are edible
– All poems must be food-related and food-inspired.
– Poems should be coherent and appealing to the senses.
– Effective use of imagery counts.
– Submissions are neither limited to country nor race.
– Maximum of 2 poems with limitless word count.
– Entries must be original intellectual property of the entrants.
– Submissions should be accompanied by brief biography and contact information comprising full name, email address and phone number (in the body of the email.)
*All submissions should be forwarded to [email protected] and tagged: “Eriata Oribhabor Food Poetry Contest 2015”
Submission Deadline: 25th December, 2015
PRIZES TO BE WON:
First Prize: ₦40,000 ($200.95), a plaque and books
Second Prize: ₦20,000 ($100.48), a plaque and books
Third Prize: ₦10,000 ($50.24), a plaque and books
*Please recall that this initiative of Mr. Eriata Oribhabor started two years ago, and has established its relevance in promoting food, poetry and poets through award of prizes to past winners, compilation of selected entries in the anthology ‘Who Shall I Make My Wife’ and acquainting literary enthusiasts with diverse Nigerian cuisines.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, EOFPC 2015
Author, Punctured Silence