CALL FOR ENTRIES: PIN FOOD POETRY CONTEST (PFPC) 2017
For ages, feeding the mouth and the mind has ensured the sustenance of mankind, making food and arts complementarily indispensable.
Accordingly, Poets in Nigeria (PIN) calls for submissions of food-related poems for the 4th edition of the PIN Annual Food Poetry Contest (initiated in 2013 as Eriata Annual Food Poetry Contest).
1st Prize – ₦30,000
2nd Prize – ₦15,000
3rd Prize – ₦5,000
- Open to all poets irrespective of location or background.
- There are no fixed themes, but submissions must either be food-related or food-inspired.
- Entries should make adequate use of imagery appealing to the senses.
- Entries must be previously unpublished in any form.
- An entrant can submit a maximum of 2 poems with limitless word count.
- Entries must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Entering for the contest gives PIN automatic right to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
- All submissions must be written in English. Include a glossary section for native terms.
- Submissions should be accompanied by biography, photograph and contact information (name, email address and phone number).
- All submissions (in the body of the mail) should be forwarded to [email protected].
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31st August, 2017
Previous editions of the contest were won by Estrella Gada (2013), Mabel Anywanwu Okapefi (2014) and Adedayo Adeyemi Agarau (2015).
NOTE: Winners will be announced during the 4th edition of the Art-Hub slated for 1st October, 2017 in Isheri, Lagos.
For further enquiries, contact the moderator – +2347034847164.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, PFPC 2017