(An initiative of Poets in Nigeria, curated by House of Phoebe)
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) and House of Phoebe have collaborated to create a fun-filled creative platform, loaded with super-engaging activities that promote poetry, hands-on-arts, theatre, excitement for literacy and books, with our “mini-minds” in focus. Our goal is to encourage the next generation of readers, writers and budding creatives to embrace the lots of literature, self-expression and critical thinking.
Our team of presenters, will be drawn from the crops of versatile writers, spoken word acts, poets, creative professionals and inspiring kids.
Eko Children Litfest 2019 is themed Mini-minds and Bookville. The festival will feature talk series, workshops, documentary videos, readings and several creative/artistic games. Award-winning children authors will speak about their experiences. It will be an innovative, interactive and entertaining experience for everyone.
Date: Friday 24th, May – Saturday 25th May, 2019
Venue: Oaks Garden Cultural Centre, Isheri – Igando, Lagos
- Book Talks
- Read, think and act series
- Workshops (Dance, music, and poetry)
- Literary clinic
- Recycled arts
- Young bookworm/eight words story contest/paper theatre
- Book Costumes/Booky pose contest
- Expressive arts, words to live by, poetry slam,interactive storytelling and more
- Mentors and mini-minds workshop
Theme: Smart kids, sweet arts
- The Booky Pose Contest (online)
Contestants are expected to snap creative pictures or selfies and send to email@example.com
- On-the-spot writing Contest (on the festival ground)
- Kids Literary Quiz
- Costume sighting (on the festival ground)
Kids dressed in book themed/creative costumes will be singled out for gifts
The Eko Children Festival is open to families, the community, schools with an opportunity to spend rewarding time together at an art-hub where they would be entertained, informed and enlightened.
Shola Oguntoyinbo Phebian
Curator, Eko Children Literary Festival