Poets in Nigeria (PIN), organizers of the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize (NSPP), have announced that there will be no extension of deadline for the fifth edition of the poetry prize initiated in 2016 to stimulate literary creativity amongst Nigerian undergraduates.
In the call for submissions published on 15th January, 2020, PIN invited Nigerian students to submit a 30-line poem on any theme of their choice before the deadline, with a total cash prize of N550,000 as reward for the top five entrants.
Prospective entrants have been asked to take note of the following:
- Visit NSPP submission portal(http://nspp.poetsinnigeria.org.ng) to make a submission for the contest.
- For the best browsing experience on the portal, you are advised to make use of Google Chrome.
- You are expected to use your debit (ATM) card for the payment of one or more anthologies uploaded on the portal. This would require you entering the 16 digits on your card, card expiry date and the CVV (Card Verification Value) – the 3 digits at the back of your card. Afterwards, an authorization code would be sent to the phone connected to your bank account for you to confirm the payment.
- You can also now pay directly into PIN’s bank account for the anthologies.
Poets in Nigeria | 0759986028 | Access Bank
Forward your email address and evidence of payment to 07034847164 | firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be granted access to the anthologies and submission form afterwards.
The NSPP anthology is a collection of top 100 poems received in previous editions of the contest. It is meant to serve as a guide on poetry writing for prospective entrants whilst promoting new writings of young Nigerian poets.
- Having gained access to the submission form, you will be able to download the anthology on the same page.
- Ensure the image you are trying to upload does not exceed 1MB.
- Submission Deadline: 31st March, 2020
For further enquiries, call or message 07034847164.
Please, accept our warmest regards.
The NSPP Team