NIGERIAN STUDENTS POETRY PRIZE 2017 – THE SHORTLIST
Having forwarded the 35 poems which made the longlist to the chair of judges, Professor Akachi Ezeigbo for final assessment, Poets in Nigeria (PIN) is delighted to announce the shortlist for the 2017 edition of the Nigerian Students Poetry Prize.
The shortlisted entries in no particular order are as follows:
- WHY DO PHOTO EDITORS COME WITH A “BLUR” TOOL? – David Egede (Federal University of Technology, Owerri)
- REBORN – Sofoluwe Mobolaji Kehinde (University of Ibadan, Ibadan)
- BEACH CHRONICLES – Solomon O. Bona (University of Ibadan, Ibadan)
- HALLWAY – Shade Mary-Ann Olaoye (University of Nigeria, Nsukka)
- PAIN – Christy Ogbenjuwa (University of Port Harcourt)
- REVOLUTIONARY SONGS – Saleh Hauwa Abubakar (Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria)
- DILEMMA – Kontein Ibi Mfoniso (Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo)
- MIXED HISTORY – Bakre Fadil Adedamola (University of Ibadan)
- SONG OF FREEDOM – Ajah Henry Ekene (University of Benin, Benin City)
- WEATHERED MIND – Laura Ugbegua Osaremeh (University of Lagos, Lagos)
The prize winners will be announced at NSPP awards ceremony slated for Saturday June 17 at University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, NSPP 2017