CALL FOR ENTRIES: PIN ANNUAL FOOD POETRY CONTEST (PFPC) 2018
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) is pleased to announce a call for submissions of food-related poems for the 5th edition of the PIN Annual Food Poetry Contest (initiated in 2013 as Eriata Annual Food Poetry Contest). This initiative seeks to explore the relationship between food and poetry within the ambit of literary creativity.
20 shortlisted entrants will be invited to a dinner at an exquisite restaurant in Lagos where they will present their poems to the audience and be awarded.
Note: This reward can be enjoyed by proxy.
- Open to all poets irrespective of location.
- There are no fixed themes, but submissions must either be food-related or food-inspired.
- Entries should make adequate use of imagery appealing to the senses.
- Entries must be previously unpublished in any form.
- An entrant can submit a maximum of 2 poems with limitless word count.
- Entries must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Entering for the contest gives PIN automatic right to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
- All submissions must be written in English. Include a glossary section for native terms.
- Submissions should be accompanied by biography, photograph and contact information (name, email address and phone number).
- All submissions (in the body of the mail) should be forwarded to email@example.com
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 30th September, 2018
Previous editions of the contest were won by Estrella Gada (2013), Mabel Okpaefi (2014) and Adedayo Adeyemi Agarau (2015/2016) and Adeolu Titus Adekunle (2017).
For further enquiries, contact the moderator – +2347034847164.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, PFPC 2018