CALL FOR ENTRIES: KEN EGBAS PRIZE FOR FESTIVAL POETRY CALABAR 2017
Poets in Nigeria (PIN) in partnership with Festival Poetry Foundation (FPF) is pleased to announce the inaugural edition of Ken Egbas Prize for Festival Poetry Calabar. Sponsored by an art enthusiast and a Former Special Adviser, Strategic Planning at Cross River State – Mr. Ken Egbas; the prize is geared towards promoting cultural heritage, black pride and environmental consciousness.
The initiative, an offshoot of the annually organized Festival Poetry Calabar, was launched in Calabar 2016 via an address delivered by Ken Egbas who was visibly impressed by the contents of the festival (within the Calabar International Carnival). The prize will run uninterruptedly for a period of 5 years with a total budget of ₦500,000.
Authors of selected entries will be awarded cash prizes in this order:
- 1st Prize Winner: ₦40,000
- 2nd Prize Winner: ₦20,000
- 3rd Prize Winner: ₦10,000
- Must be a Nigerian poet resident in Nigeria
- Must be between 12 and 30 years of age
- Entries must revolve around cultural heritage, black pride and environmental consciousness.
- An entrant is entitled to a single entry of limitless word count.
- Submissions must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
- Under no condition will the judges’ decision be challenged.
- Previously published works (on social media, blogs and anthologies) are NOT allowed.
- Selected entrants must be present in Calabar to receive their cash prizes.
- Submissions including your name, location, biography and contact details should be in the body of the mail.
- Entering for the contest gives us automatic rights to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
- Forward your entries to email@example.com.
DEADLINE: 12th November, 2017; 11:59 PM
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
Dr. Ken Egbas is an alumnus of Federal Government College, Kaduna, University of Calabar and University of Nigeria, Nsukka. An expert in Public Relations and Corporate Social Responsibility, Ken is the Founder and CEO of TruContact CSR Nigeria & WhiteHouse PR Synergy. Also, he is the organizer of The SERAs, arguably Nigeria’s biggest corporate award for Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability and Good Corporate Citizenship. Ken publishes Nigeria Social Enterprise Report – a publication on social responsibility and sustainability which is circulated around Africa, United Kingdom and USA.
Ken hails from Ofodua, Adun in Obubra Local Government Area of Cross River State where he once served as a Special Adviser, Strategic Planning.
For further enquiries, contact the moderator – 07034847164.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
For: PIN & FPF