CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: PIN CONNECT CENTRE REPRESENTATIVES
The dawn of PIN Connect Centres on September 9, 2016 has been a huge success to Poets in Nigeria (PIN). In view of this, and in response to calls for new Connect Centres, applications/indications of interest to serve as PIN representatives for new Connect Centres within Nigerian localities are welcome.
(a) Expand the impact of poetry beyond borderlines.
(b) Ensure uniformity in the promotion of poetry and poets.
(c) Engender diversified participation in literary activities.
(d) Properly synergize the activities of PIN for the realisation of poetry for service.
Coordination of PIN’s activities within assigned Connect Centres viz:
i) Promote poetry based on PIN’s philosophy.
ii) Hold poetry reading/fellowships as convenient.
iii) Participate in PIN’s Poetry summits.
iv) Document all activities of the Connect Centre.
- Must be a poet or non-poet with evidence of passion for literary promotion driven by poetry
- Must be resident of location where connect centre would be established and have a good grasp of the environment
- Have the capacity to build harmonious relationship with poets and literary minds within and beyond area of residence
- Have demonstrable strength of character for use of poetry for individual and societal uplift.
- Must be an active user of the internet/social media
- Not holding similar position in any literary group to avoid dissipation of efforts
- Ready to be guided by Poetry for Service
PIN Reps are:
- Encouraged and guided towards greatness whilst becoming guides to others;
- Profiled on PIN’s website (poetsinnigeria.org.ng) for literary limelight;
- Exposed to literary opportunities like poetry festivals, literary contests, literary; residencies/workshops etc.;
- Display personal work (s) for free at any of PIN’s events; and
- Entitled to PIN’s lapel.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be in this format;
Connect Centre Location:
A 200-word essay on why you should be selected as a PIN Connect Centre Rep.
Biography (Not exceeding 150 words)
Photograph (attached portrait)
Contact Details (Phone number and email address) forwarded to: email@example.com with the subject: ‘PIN CONNECT CENTRE REPRESENTATIVE’
DEADLINE: Applications will be received between 16th November and 16th December, 2017.
NOTE: Those who are interested in being part of the PIN Team but will not be able to manage a connect centre, should watch out for a call for volunteers which would underline PIN’s new tagline – poetry for service.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom